Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Plates Made Grey's

That's right...the plates I have hanging above my kitchen cabinets are the same plates that made an appearance on Grey's Anatomy last Thursday night. I must say that my friend Lynn texted me to let me know she had seen them on Grey's, so I watched the show on Friday to see them myself. Sure enough they are hanging over a table in the kitchen of the house that used to be Meredith's mom's house. I probably wouldn't have even noticed them if Lynn hadn't told me to look for them, so thanks Lynn! I fell in love with these plates when I saw them in a spring catalogue from Pier 1 Imports. Needless to say it didn't take long for me to convince myself of purchasing myself an early birthday present ; )

What I really like about them is that they have a lot of the same colors in them as the painting Brandon's grandma gave us for Christmas (I may have hinted that I really liked this painting a few times) that we have hanging up over our kitchen window on the other side of the room. Grandma Allen is an amazing painter.

Our kitchen, dining room, and living room have arched ceilings. This is why there is only a little bit of space between the window and the painting on this side of the room, and then there is lots of space between the cabinets and ceiling around the plates.

1 comment:

TeraKate said...

You're so cute with your decorating blogs. I wish I had a house to decorate all cutesty-tootsie!