Monday, March 23, 2009

Fixtures That Needed Fixing

I am sorry if you are one of those crazy people who still love these outdated, retro makeup lights in their bathrooms, but I am just not one of them. What can I say, one look at these babies makes me cringe a little inside. Thankfully, Brandon's mom gave me some birthday cash a little earlier this year, which allowed me to head straight to the hardware store to find a new light fixture. Just so you can appreciate the change, here is a picture of the old fixture:

And, here is the new fixture I picked out at Home Depot. I love the rectangular trio of lights with the sleek curve of metal connecting then. This after picture was taken after I painted last week two, so please note the warmer, inviting color in the bathroom! I would love to eventually frame the mirror, but I am afraid there may not be enough room between the vanity and the light fixture to make this possible. Let me know if you have any ideas for this dilemma.
I can't believe I didn't get a good before shot of the master bath light fixture. This is the best picture I could come up with. Just imagine an ugly light fixture similar to one above, but white and made of metal, hanging above the medicine cabinet mirror. I still posted this poor before shot, so you can see a little bit of the color change that took place on our walls over the past week. Don't worry, the laundry catcher is now in the closet, and the basket sitting on the floor resides on some shelves we put behind the toilet!

This new light fixture actually came from Wal-Mart. I couldn't help but take a peak at them when I was purchasing an extra 4 gallons of paint to compare their prices to the Home Depot prices. This one almost a quarter of the price of the above one and looks just about as nice... I seemed to be attracted to light fixtures with more squared off globes in case you couldn't tell!

This picture also provides a little sneak peak into the color of our master bedroom. The Buxton Blue didn't bring me any blues! I couldn't be happier with how the bedroom turned out. Please check back in to see the room in its entirety soon : )

1 comment:

TeraKate said...

I loooooove the buxton blue!!! :o)