Monday, February 23, 2009

Caramel Popcorn

I was cleaning out my emails and came across my absolute favorite recipe for caramel popcorn! I got this recipe from my friend Lynn's mom, and it is oh-so-delicious. I decided to put it on here, so I will know right were to find it the next time I am craving this wonderful snack. Sorry, but this picture is not what it actually looks like. I didn't take any pictures of the popcorn I made. I found this general picture online just to use for the blog.

So here it was you need:
1 bag of puff corn (essential- do not buy regular popcorn...I bought the HyVee brand)
1 stick of butter (I used real butter, but I am sure any kind works)
1 cup of light brown sugar (I may have added a little extra)
1/4 cup of Karo syrup (one small bottle made me over 4 batches of this stuff!)

And here are the directions:
Bring butter, brown sugar and karo syrup to a boil
Pour over puff corn in a large bowl- stir
Spread over 2 cookie sheets
Bake at 210 for 40 minutes; stir it around every 10 minutes

Not only is this easy to make, but it cleans up super quick too!!!

No comments: