Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whoops!

I skipped a whole month of blogging! I can't beleive its been that long. I guess its all that March Madness buzz everyone's talking about...wait does that only refer to basketball? I feel like it refers to my life.

It's never my intention to leave for long periods of time, but I spent half of my month in other states. I figured I'd start witha short recap of my first trip. After rotations ended I spent some time down in Texas visiting Gpa and Gma Daugherty (this is how they sign things--Gpa and Gma--I'm not being a lazy typer). They live all the way down in Rio Hondo. It's further south than South Padre Island. They live off the River. This is them on their porch. My Gma wears her hair in a pony tail with about 10 clips holding back her shorter hairs. It makes me smile everytime I see it. I wish I had a close-up to show you just how cute it is.

Gpa has been declining in health and Gma has been busy taking care of Gpa, so we spent some time helping clean up their place. See me raking off broken limbs from their carport left from the last hurricane...


We also rebuilt their porch overhang that was taken off by a hurricane. We like to be extra safe. This is why he have 2 people holding on to my brother Aaron while he screws in the ceiling piece ; )
It wasn't all work and no play though. We got to feed their fish donut seeds everyday (this is what Gma calls cheerios). They know all their fish by name. It's really quite impressive, because there is a lot of fish in their pond.
We got a group shot on their bridge over their pond. Doesn't it make you want to break out the power washer?! We wanted to, but Gpa said it would just get dirty again.
Visiting the grandparents is kind of one of those bitter sweet experiences. It is always sad leaving, because you never know if they will make it till the next time you see them. My Gpa acutally just called yesterday to tell me he wouldn't be able to make it to my graduation; he's back on the oxygen tank almost 24/7. He brought tears to my eyes telling me how much it meant to him for me to be getting my degree; it's the sweetest thing he has ever said to me.

Hope we get to make some more memories, and cherishing the ones we have.

No comments: