Monday, August 23, 2010

Finally, Furniture

Okay, so we bought new furniture. IN MAY, and I am just now posting about it. Do you remember our hand-me-down furniture from before? It was blue, and leather, and OLD. See, Cove tried to cover it up with her bed just to hide how old it was...

I guess I should bash it too much. They were free, and we are STILL using them in the newly remodeled basement. So on to the exciting stuff, the new furniture looks great...

We bought them from NFM. We spent $1052, plus some extra money for the furniture protection spray stuff. We actually got the sofa and the chaise from separate sets, because I couldn't find a sofa set I liked with a matching chaise. I kind of like them mismatching, so it wasn't too big of a deal. The chaise has become Cove's new bed. We typically have a chocolate brown blanket on it for her to lay on but it was in the wash...
As you may also notice, the new, wider furniture made me invest in some new, narrower side tables. I snagged the ones in the picture above for $60 apiece from Cymax online + free shipping. I sold these old ones on Craig's list for $40...

Now that I have new furniture, I've thought of a few things I want to do next with the living room, including purchasing an area rug, investing in blinds and curtains, and building an accent wall (think Lettered Cottage guest bedroom look) behind the television stand to give the room and "true" focal point. See, this wall is really bare and boring...
Maybe Brandon will be up for a new project once the weather turns cold again ; )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your new couch, looks great!